Monday, March 8, 2010

Today through next week I have to work on my schedule with an eye to paring it down to a three day work week by Feb 2, 2011. Currently the nose is pressed rigidly to the grindstone four days for three weeks, one five day week, then back to four days for three more weeks. It isn't as confusing as it sounds if you write down everything that has to be done in a given week. Theoretically, as an average job for me is between 2 and 3 hours, that shouldn't be too complicated, now should it? Well, there's theory and then there is the harsh, loud, unignorable fact that real life ain't theory. I don't think we're in theory any more, Toto. N0, here in Perkiomenville trifles like illness, famine, pestilence, Legal Holidays and two to two and a half feet of snow can crimp a brilliantly laid out schedule. The Winter of 2009-2010, without delving into minutiae held all of the aforementioned afflictions. It was truly a waking nightmare. But from here with the weather improving things look pretty manageable. Some day I may chronicle some of my adventures in Winter Wonderland. Today ain't that day. As I'm off it'll be a good day to take a turn around the grounds to survey the damage to the property that Mama Nature visited upon it these last few months. I invested in a new chainsaw and a tree pruner last fall. Looking' back those purchases seem prescient. Wish us luck.

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment