Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Bud


To the left is a picture of the first bud on one of the Cayenne Peppers. It's the tiny white dot about four fifths of the way up the plant almost exactly in the middle of the plant. Cayennes are the hardiest peppers I've ever grown. They are the first to blossom and will produce well into September. Pretty cute, isn't it? Because I'm a pretty weak photographer you can't see the other buds on that plant, but be assured there are about three others.
I went out several nights this week at pretty odd hours in order to catch marauding rabbits. I did scare one off one night. After the plants grow to about 18 inches or so the rabbits tend to lose interest in the plants. Then it's the deer that become a problem. I'm thinking about getting a silencer for one of my guns in order to dispatch them. Don't think I'm kidding, I'm not. Can't wait for the first ones to ripen.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love those adorable flowers. Will you dry the peppers?

    ReplyDelete